29 October, 2014
Special Collections, Digital Files
Dunedin: Otago Daily Times
Historian Dr Ali Clarke and architectural history experts Michael Findlay and David Murray stand outside Mellor House, built in 1862 and now part of the psychology department. All are sure that Mellor House is the oldest on campus. Originally dubbed Leith Cottage, it was built by Thomas Calcutt, a printer who migrated from England to Otago in 1858. It was named after Mellor in 1946.
Otago Daily Times, “Mellor House,” ourheritage.ac.nz | OUR Heritage, accessed February 4, 2023, https://otago.ourheritage.ac.nz/items/show/9003.