Ngaruawahia from opposite bank of Waikato.
Ngaruawahia from opposite bank of Waikato. n.d. Williams’ Diary dedicated to Thomas Tucker: p. 77.
Hocken Pictorial Collections - 78/152
Lower left (l.l.) - l.r. in pencil: The General’s whare, Ngaruawahia from opposite bank of Waikato, King’s Palace. Council Chamber, King’s flag; margin below image in iron gall ink: [page of Diary]; margin left of image in iron gall ink: [page of Diary]; l.r. in pencil: 77; u.l. in pencil: 8; watermark: [crown & anchor].
100 x 182 mm (irreg)
pencil & watercolour on paper
Given by Dr H.D. Skinner, Dunedin, 1948.
Initially placed in Hocken archives as a manuscript (M.,1 178). Transferred after exhibition, Waikato Museum of Art & History, to pictures 1978.
Williams, E. A. (Edward Arthur), 1824-1898, “Ngaruawahia from opposite bank of Waikato.,” ourheritage.ac.nz | OUR Heritage, accessed November 27, 2022, https://otago.ourheritage.ac.nz/items/show/4992.