Beauly Bridge 1862. [Taieri Ferry Bridge.]

Date Created

1870

Identifier

Hocken Pictorial Collections - 92/1331
a12312

Description

The Taieri Ferry Bridge which replaced Harrold’s ferry. Tollkeeper’s house at far end. Painting by the architect 1862
Lower left (l.l.) with brush: J.T. Thomson 1870; u.r. in pencil: 6; on mount with brush: Beauly Bridge 1862; on mount in pencil in donor’s hand: Drawbridge & Tollkeeper’s house p. 26 “Taieri River Mouth”

Extent

540 x 757 mm

Medium

watercolour & opaque white on paper

Spatial Coverage

Temporal Coverage

Provenance

Lennel Trust.
Given by the Hall-Jones family, Invercargill, 1992 [Given by Geoffrey Hall-Jones, John Hall-Jones & Gerard Hall-Jones, sons of the late Marjorie Hall-Jones, a granddaughter of John Turnbull Thomson].

Is Part Of

Thomson sketchbook volume 6

Files

a12312.jpg

Citation

Thomson, John Turnbull, “Beauly Bridge 1862. [Taieri Ferry Bridge.],” ourheritage.ac.nz | OUR Heritage, accessed April 16, 2024, https://otago.ourheritage.ac.nz/items/show/4846.