Part of Port Cooper afterwards called Lyttelton 1842.
Part of panorama of Lyttelton. 1842?
Hocken Pictorial Collections - 11,918
This and 11,919 are part of the same panorama but linking section is missing.
Verso in ink: Date 1842 or 1843. Part of Port Cooper, afterwards called Lyttelton. By Capt. Smith. This is part of an extended panoramic view but a portion of it has been lost. [illeg signature] Rodd [?] Valley, extending mainly to Cachalot Head; on mount: Capt. W. Mein Smith, Chief Surveyor, NZ Co.y explored Port Cooper September - October 1842, but this watercolour was painted after 1849 when work on the road (Lyttelton - Sumner) began C.R.F; recto mount: Part of Panorama of Lyttelton, 1842
110 x 260 mm
watercolour on paper
Dr T.M. Hocken’s Collection.
Is Part Of
Panorama of Lyttelton
Seascapes & Marines
Smith, William Mein, 1797-1869, “Part of Port Cooper afterwards called Lyttelton 1842.,” ourheritage.ac.nz | OUR Heritage, accessed January 29, 2022, https://otago.ourheritage.ac.nz/items/show/4568.
This item has no relations.