Browse Items (9 total)

Lower left (l.l.) with brush in opaque white: G. O’Brien; verso original mount in pencil: framing instructions

Lower left (l.l.) in pencil: G. O’Brien 1865. From the Main North Road between the X and XI milestones looking north; through image in pencil: [gridlines].

Lower right (l.r.) in pencil: G. O’Brien 1865; l.l. in pencil: Flagstaff from Clifford’s house. Acclimatisation grounds. (Present Botanical gardens); through image in pencil: [gridlines].

1. It appears to have been mounted and titled for Mrs Buckland. 2. The site of Larnach Castle was known as the Camp by 1876, but not by 1867. Therefore, the date given on the mount title could either be a typographical mistake or reflect the date it…

Lower left (l.l.) in pencil: G.O’Brien 1865; l.c. in pencil: Dunedin Harbour from the Caversham Rise; l.r. in ink: T.M. Hocken; through image in pencil: [location & colour notes, gridlines]; verso: [sketch of Dunedin from the South].

Lower left (l.l.) with brush: G. O'Brien 1867; on mount in ink in Dr Hocken's hand: The Taieri Plains, 1867. Taken from the the Upper or Halfway Bush Road leading down to the North Taieri. Saddle Hill. T.M. Hocken; label in ink in Dr Hocken's hand:…

Lower right (l.r.) with brush: View of Otago Heads and Port Chalmers from Signal Hill near Dunedin from a sketch from nature by George O’Brien, Civil Engineer.

Lower left (l.l.) with brush: View of Otago Heads, Port Chalmers, Mount Cargill & Blueskin from the Portobello Road - six miles from Dunedin, sketched from nature by George O’Brien, Civil Engineer &c 1866
Output Formats

atom, dc-rdf, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2