Tui or Parson Bird Prosthemadera Novae Zealandiae. From: 'A history of the birds of New Zealand' by Walter Lawry Buller
ourheritage.ac.nz | OUR Heritage

Search using this query type:



Search only these record types:

Item
Collection
Simple Page

Advanced Search (Items only)

View of part of Dunedin from Stafford St, with the upper Harbour, November 1851.

Files

Alternative Title

View of part of Dunedin from Stafford St, with the upper Harbour, November 1851. Back of Cap Cargill’s old house in Princes St to which Otago Witness office was removed in 1861 & where first number of Daily Times was printed. Looking across to Waverley, section at back occupied in the sixties by Cobb & Co’s stabling Stafford St. [Copied by E.M. Hocken after G.B. Shaw. n.d.]

Identifier

Hocken Pictorial Collections - 12,752
a9798

Description

Lower left (l.l.) - l.r. in ink: Back of Cap Cargillís old house in Princes St to which Otago Witness office was removed in 1861 & where first number of Daily Times was printed. Looking across to Waverley, section at back occupied in the sixties by Cobb & Coís stabling Stafford St. E.M.H.; verso in pencil: Book sent to Mrs Hocken.

Item Dimensions

177 x 253 mm

Technique

pen, ink & wash on paper

Geographic Location

Provenance

Dr T.M. Hocken’s Collection.

Source

Dr T.M. Hocken’s Collection.

Citation

Hocken, Elizabeth Mary, 1848-1933 and Shaw, George B. (George Baird), 1812-1883, “View of part of Dunedin from Stafford St, with the upper Harbour, November 1851.,” ourheritage.ac.nz | OUR Heritage, accessed July 8, 2020, http://otago.ourheritage.ac.nz/items/show/5784.

Item Relations

This item has no relations.

Share this page