Tui or Parson Bird Prosthemadera Novae Zealandiae. From: 'A history of the birds of New Zealand' by Walter Lawry Buller
ourheritage.ac.nz | OUR Heritage

Search using this query type:



Search only these record types:

Item
Collection
Simple Page

Advanced Search (Items only)

Browse Items (56 total)

An extract from the 1989 Capping Show called Peter’s Pantomime. The Capping Sextet sing a traditional Scottish tune that includes human bagpipes.

An extract from the 1989 Capping Show called Peter’s Pantomime. The Capping Sextet sing a tango with lyrics that describe the terrible effects of catching leprosy at university.

An extract from the 1989 Capping Show called Peter’s Pantomime. The clip records the performance by the Selwyn Ballet, New Zealand’s oldest ballet company. The Selwyn Ballet is only open to male members of Selwyn College.

A photograph of the ten students who graduated from the University of Otago in 1887. Standing: M.I. Fraser, G.A. Simers, M.A. Ferguson, W.E. Spencer. Sitting: J.R. Montgomery, F.M. Allen, X. Forbes, F.B. Allen, J.R. Don, C. Little.

An extract from the 1989 Capping Show called Peter’s Pantomime. The Capping Sextet sing a song by Tom Lehrer and the traditional anthem that ends every capping show.

A letter to the Chancellor of the University of Otago from Emily Siedeberg, dated March 10th 1891, York Place. 'To the Chancellor of the Otago University -- Sir -- Having passed the necessary preliminary examination, I desire to enter myself as a…

Lower right (l.r.) with brush: M.D. Sale 1902.

A montage of early capping parade photographs. The title on the photograph reads "A snap of the procession of students in varied costumes as it passed through the Octagon".

A photograph of a Lochness Monster costume taken during the 1933 capping parade.

Eleven male students from Selwyn College holding signs saying "Closed on account of fire" and "No license - a bar to progress". One student has his head through a large sign that has the word "Booth".

An image glued into the Capping Carnival Magazine from July 1922, showing two Selwyn College students dressed in costume for the Selwyn Circus and capping celebrations of 1922.

Six medical students and David Blacky, son of Professor Blacky, pose with a skeleton and anatomical dummy.

Found in the University of Otago Medical Library Historical Collection this photograph is an example of Otago University's relationship with the Pacific.

The OUSA capping magazine cover from 1987. The magazine is entitled "House & Garden" in jest and the cover depicts a burnt-out student flat.

Elevated south-west view of the first building that housed the University of Otago between 1871 and 1878. The building was designed by the architects Mason and Wales and was originally intended to be Dunedin’s post office. Dominating the stock…

Believed to be the first female of Maori descent to graduate in medicine in New Zealand, Rina Moore (nee Rohipa), of Ngati Kahungunu, Te Whanau-a-Apanui, and Rangitane, obtained her medical degree from Otago University in 1949.

A photograph of Medical School professors standing on the steps of the Otago Medical School Building - Sir Louis Barnett, Sir Lindo Ferguson, Dr Daniel Colquhoun (behind), Dr William John Mullin, Dr William Stewart Weeding Roberts (in front).

Medical school seniors of 1934, including who is thought to be Jione Antonia Rabici Doviverata [Dovi], possibly the first Pacific student to graduate from the Otago Medical School in 1935.

In 1929, Kathleen Chang became the first person of Chinese descent to graduate from the Otago Medical School.See Dictionary of New Zealand Biography (1941-1960), Volume 5, Wellington, 2000, and Eva Ng's biography of Kathleen Chang in D. Maxwell,…

A photograph of Emily Siedeberg-McKinnon M.B, Ch. B (1873-1968). This image is included in a scrapbook alongside the letter she wrote to the Chancellor of the University of Otago in 1891. The letter was written as a request for entry into the…

Designed in conjunction with the Home Science Department, the blueprint of a proposed structure for display at the South Seas Exhibition (1925-1926) includes floor-plans, various elevations and some details of furnishings. The plan shows the…

The Hocken Library (now known as Hocken Collections) was first housed in a wing of the Otago Museum. The text on the back of the photo states that it is a - 'View of the Hocken Library from Great King Street'.

An early advertisement for the Speight’s Brewery in Dunedin printed in the Capping Carnival Magazine from August 1919. The consumption of vast quantities of beer has always been an activity associated with student life.

Two students at work in the Law Library. Legal caricatures can be seen on the wall above. Before shifting to the Hocken Building (now known as the Richardson Building) in 1979, the first Law Library was housed in what is now known as the Staff Club.

Images glued into the Capping Carnival Magazine from July 1922, show members of the Selwyn Circus "Animals". The animal costumes created by the students included a giraffe, rhinoceros, elephant, camel, and an ostrich.
Output Formats

atom, dc-rdf, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-json, omeka-xml, rss2